Wednesday 16th March 2016 @ Seel Park, Mossley
Mickleover Sports Reds
(0) 2
(2) 3
Din Chin (55), Lewis (79)
Wallace (23), Besong (44), Davies (74)
Mossleyweb Man of the Match: Declan Lewis

1. Hassan Sattar
2. Callum Barrow
3. Ronan Hunston
4. Joseph Prole
5. Ronando Dias
6. Beckham Adelaje
7. Connor Yeoman
8. Declan Lewis
9. Antonio Din Chin
10. Prince Owusu (c)
11. Jack Chandler
12. Carlos De Sa (for Chandler 35)
14. Ameer Muavia (for Barrow 46)
15. Mohammed Ali (not used)
16. Shaun Orme (not used)
17. Adam El Barnossi-Iveson (for Dias 42)
18. Curtis Norris (for Hunston 46)
Yellow cards:

Mickleover Sports Reds
1. Jaques Barker
2. Harry Adamson
3. Cameron Higgins
4. Che Webster-Sanchez
5. Simran Shahi
6. Lewis Belgrave
7. Ryan Gombera
8. Finlay Davies
9. David Wallace
10. Henry Besong
11. Kavan Mills
Yellow cards:
Davies, Wallace

Referee: Mr M. Hobin


The last Academy home game of the season ended in defeat for the Lilywhites youngsters against Mickleover Sports Reds at Seel Park on Wednesday afternoon.

The game started with a couple of changes to the team from Monday nights win as Jack Chandler was handed his first start in a League game and captain Curtis Norris dropped to the bench carrying a knock from the Radcliffe victory.

Mossley Academy had much of the ball but a cross in the 23rd minute found the Mickleover striker Wallace who looked to be in an offside position but the flag stayed down and he put the visitors 1-0 ahead.

The Mossley Academy had chance after chance but couldn't find a way back into the game and on the 44th min a scrappy Mickleover corner found the way to the back post for a tap in by Besong to make it 2-0 to the visitors.

The second half and Mossley started the brighter and were rewarded when Antonio Din Chin scored a brilliant header from Carlos De Sa's cross to get one back for the home side.

However, it wasn't too long before the tall cocky central middfielder Davies went through on goal to put Mickleover 3-1 ahead and make it hard work for the Mossley Academy boys.

The Lilywhites youngsters picked their heads up and went again after a deflected strike from Declan Lewis found the back of the net making it 2-3 on 79 minutes

Mossley Academy needed the one goal to draw level but five minutes after a brawl broke out as Mickleover were lining up a free kick. Mossley centre half Joe Prole the victim of a strangle hold and there was much pushing and shoving and kick offs everywhere. The referee sorted it out by showing the Mickleover striker a Yellow card and resumed play.

I just wasn't to be the academy's day however, after they couldn't get back into the game and lost 3-2 in a close tense game against a feisty and bad tempered Mickleover side.

Report by Curtis Norris