UniBond League Division One

Tuesday 4th October 2005
@ Seel Park, Mossley

1. Lee Bracey (8)
2. Andy Thackeray (9)
3. Steve Sheil (8)
4. Karl Vernon (8)
5. Danny Meadowcroft (8)
6. Melford Knight (8)
7. Josh Howard (7) R
8. Nicky Thompson (7)
9. Phil Denney (7)
10. Rhodri Giggs (8) Y
11. Adam Morning (7)
12. Joel Pilkington
(for Thompson 71 mins)
14. Jordan Goodeve
(for Denney 71 mins)
15. Joe Shaw
(for Morning 85 mins)

Phil Denney (21 mins)

Bamber Bridge
1. Sharrock Y
2. Mahoney Y
3. King
4. Bain Y
5. Fleming
6. Fletcher
7. Brown Y
8. Turner
9. Porter
10. Spencer Y
11. Shepherd

12. Bennet
(for Porter)
14. Jones
(not used)
15. Clitheroe
(for Fleming)

Bamber Bridge
James Shepherd (3 mins)

Mossley were held to a draw by midtable Bamber Bridge, amazingly the visitors sixth successive 1-1 scoreline.

The Preston side got off to a flying start as they took the lead in only the third minute with a flowing crossfield move that ended with James Shepherd flashing a fine shot from the left past Lee Bracey into the far corner.

Mossley started to find openings and Phil Denney, Adam Morning and Rhodri Giggs all went close before Mossley equalised on 21 minutes. Giggs flicked the ball through for Phil Denney who kept his composure as the keeper came out and slotted the ball under his body for a very well taken goal.

The visitors keeper Cyril Sharrock was endearing himself to no-one by constantly time wasting over goal-kicks, a fact the referee didn't pick up on until midway through the second half when he was finally 'yellowed'.

The game sparked to life in unfortunate circumstances fifteen minutes after the interval. At this stage it only looked a matter of time before Mossley found a winner as they were totally dominating the game. Unfortunately Josh Howard was red carded for a mis-timed tackle and from then on the game had a real edge with tackles flying in from all angles and the referee waving yellow cards with alarming regularity.

As the game ticked into it's last quarter both sides might have won the game. Giggs went clean through but his efort was blocked by Sharrock's feet, at the other end Spencer flashed a header wide when it looked easier to score and then Melford Knight powered a header off the underside of the bar as 10 man Mossley still looked the likeliest winners.

In the dying moments the visitors nearly stole the points when Spencer was faced with an open goal but his effort hit the inside of the post and rolled along the line, Steve Sheil somehow recovered to get the ball off the line and the rebounded effort was then spectacularly saved by Bracey.

Despite not winning Mossley were still applauded off the field for an all action 100% display that really deserved a better result.



Andy Thackeray