Pre Season Friendly

Saturday 13th August 2005
@ Seel Park, Mossley

1. Sam McEwen
2. Andy Thackeray
3. Steve Sheil
4. Nicky Thompson
5. Karl Vernon
6. Danny Meadowcroft
7. Rhodri Giggs
8. Jordan Goodeve
9. Phil Denney
10. Wes Wilkinson
11. Adam Morning
12. Christian Cooke
14. Paul Challinor
15. Melford Knight
16. Josh Howard
17. Joe Shaw
18. Paul Murphy
19. Matty Barrass
20. Rob Walker

Adam Morning (5)
Rhodri Giggs (66)
Adam Morning (90)

Darren Royle (3)
Gary Sampson (83)

Mossley gave another encouraging performance in their final run out against UniBond Premier Radcliffe Borough winning by the odd goal in five in the very last minute of the game.
Radcliffe got off to a flyer, kept possesssion from the off and eventually won a 3rd minute corner which saw giant centre half Darren Royle head home at the far post.
It took Mossley only moments to reply as Wes Wilkinson and Phil Denney contrived to open the visitors defence and Adam Morning placed his shot beyond the keeper's reach to level the scores.
Both teams attacked with abandon and Morning had two further chances to add to his tally but finished disappointingly with his less favoured right foot in what was a highly entertaining half played in torrential rain.
Mossley replaced Wilkinson with Paul Murphy and he and Denney worked hard to close down on Radcliffe's defence.
Mossley's persistence payed off on 66 minutes when Sheil and Morning combined effectively on the left and the latter's cross was haeded home at the far post by Rhodri Giggs.
Mossley instantly made numerous substitutions including former Bury first team wing back Matty Barrass on the right side of midfield and ex Oldham Athletic teenager Rob Walker, but still remained a threat going forward.
Josh Howard was then unluckily stretchered from the field with a worrying knee injury with Morning making a quick return to the fray in his stead.
Radcliffe found the equaliser with seven minutes remaining when Gary Sampson followed up to score after an effort had come back off the post.
Murphy then beat the keeper with a delicate chip but saw his effort come back off the bar. Radcliffe pressed forward for a winner as the game ticked into stoppage time but Paul Challinor's clearance found Adam Morning on half way and he won a 50/50 with his marker and chipped the ball from fully 40 yards. Keeper Johnson looked like he had it covered but the greasy ball slipped from his grasp and behind him into the net. The final whistle sounding moments after Radcliffe had kicked off.

Phil Denney looks to have scored but this one found the side netting

Mossley successfully defend a Radcliffe corner

Rhodri Giggs heads Mossley's second goal

Adam Morning fires narrowly wide

above pics courtesy of SJNR

Matty Barrass