Wednesday 22nd April 2015 @ Boundary Park, Oldham
Curzon Ashton
(1) 1
3-1 pens
(0) 1
Bennett (1)
Wright (87)
Pens: Fish, Pratt, McGonigle
Pens: Thornton
Mossleyweb Man of the Match: Josh Granite

1. Andy Farrimond
2. Caldon Henson
3. John Bennett
4. Josh Granite
5. Arron Hevingham
6. Kyle McGonigle
7. Mike Fish
8. Ryan Barrow
9. Andy Keogh (c)
10. Tom Pratt
11. Rio Ahmadi
12. Tom Dean (not used)
13. Liam Flynn (not used)
14. Sam Robinson (for Ahmadi 73)
15. Charlie Anderson (not used)
16. Danny McDonnell (not used)

Yellow cards:
Barrow, Hevingham, Pratt

Curzon Ashton
1. Hakan Burton
2. Thomas Souvemanian
3. Joe Guest
4. Jonathan Hunt
5. Danny Shaw
6. Darren Thornton
7. Jordan Wright
8. Chris Rowney
9. Niall Cummins
10. Alex Brown (c)
11. Ryan Brooke
12. Lee Pugh (not used)
13. Matthew Crothers (not used)
14. Ashley Stott (for Rowney 82)
15. Luke Horrocks (not used)
16. Cameron Mason (for Souve4manian 65)

Yellow cards:

Referee: Mr J. Walton


Mossley won the Manchester FA Premier Cup for the third time in four years after a dramatic penalty shoot out victory over neighbours Curzon Ashton at Oldham Athletic's Sports Boundary Park home on Wednesday night.

The game began in the most dramatic fashion as the Lilywhites took the lead just 15 seconds after the game had kicked off. Andy Keogh providing the pass that saw John Bennett rifle the ball into the bottom left corner of Hakan Burton's goal from 25 yards.

Curzon were rattled for a while, but when they did settle Thomas Souvemanien curled a 25 yard effort that recalled keeper Andy Farrimond did well to palm away.

Darren Thornton fired the ball across goal but Brooke skewed wide as Curzon missed their first clear chance. However, the Mossley defence were putting their bodies on the line and defending brilliantly to protect their lead against an increasingly dangerous Curzon side.

It was Mossley however, who came closest to doubling the lead shortly before the break as Rio Ahmadi’s acrobatic scissor kick flew narrowly wide.

Early in the second half Tom Pratt’s super through-ball split the Curzon defence and Ahmadi raced through on goal only to be denied by Burton's excellent save.

At the other end Joe Guest got on the end of a right wing cross only to direct his effort wide of the post as Curzon increased the pressure in search of an equialiser.

The last ten minutes of the game saw Curzon launch the 'alamo' as a tiring Mossley began to struggle to clear their lines effectively. It looked like the Lilywhites sterling defensive work would bring them victory but Curzon's pressure finally paid off with just three minutes of normal time remaining. Jordan Wright hit a low angled drive from the right hand side of the box and beyond Farrimond's reach to bring the Blues level.

Mossley had the last chance of the ninety minutes but Ryan Barrow skeweed wide after good work by Pratt and Keogh had opened the space for a shot.

And so to the penalty shoot out at the Rochdale Road end of the Latics stadium.

Mike Fish was first up for Mossley and he confidently fired home, as then did his Curzon counterpart Darren Thornton. 1-1.

Andy Keogh saw his penalty saved by Burton with Mossley's next spot kick before Alex Brown fired horribly wide from Curzon's next attempt. Still 1-1.

Tom Pratt cheekily stroked home Mossley's next place kick before Andy Farrimond became Mossley's hero diving to his right to superbly keep out Joe Guest's attempt. 2-1 Mossley.

Kyle McGonigle rifled home a great penalty to shoot Mossley into a 3-1 lead before the drama was ended with Curzon's next attempt as substitute Ashley Stott lifted his spot kick over the bar and Mossley had won the Cup.

Mossley players, management and fans were then able to celebrate a fine season with some much deserved silverware to show for their superb efforts throughout an exciting drama filled 2014/15 campaign.


Smiffy's pics

We won the cup!!!