Division One North
Saturday 23rd April 2016 @ Dual Seal Stadium, Brighouse
Brighouse Town
(0) 3
(1) 1
Harris (48), Hurtley (71), Facey (85)
Fish (14)
Mossleyweb Man of the Match: Mike Fish

Brighouse Town

1. Paul Hagreen
2. Kurt Harris
3. Will Tolley
4. James Pollard
5. James Hurtley
6. Martin Allison
7. Ryan Hall
8. Connah Judson
9. Ernest Boafo
10. Daniel Facey
11. Leon Henry (c)
12. Tom Robinson (for Judson (72)
13. Harry Stead (not used)
14. Ellis Nicholls (for Boafo 87)
15. Ben Atkinson (for Harris 87)
16. Ashley Scully (not used)
Red Card:: Hurtley
Yellow cards:
Hurtley, Judson

1. Will Jones
2. Andy Fitzgerald
3. George Mannion
4. Liam Baker
5. Tom Dean
6. Sam Howell
7. John Bennett
8. Godwin Abadaki
9. Andy Keogh (c)
10. Mike Fish
11. Dave Short
12. Danny McDonnell (for Baker 46)
13. Liam Flynn (not used)
14. Liam Tongue (for Howell 73)
15. Dougie Carroll (for Fish 62)
16. Sam Robinson (not used)

Red Card: Dean
Yellow cards:
Abadaki, Dean, Fish

Referee: Mr A. Smith


It was very much the proverbial 'game of two halves' in Mossley's final League game of the 2015/16 season at Brighouse Town's Dual Seal Stadium on Saturday as the Lilywhites slipped to a 3-1 defeat having led at half time.

Mossley were once again shorn of several key players but opened well on what was a very poor playing surface. Andy Keogh, Godwin Abadaki and Mike Fish were pulling the strings for the Lilywhites who deserved the lead they took in the 14th minute.

A left wing Mossley set piece wasn't fully cleared, Tom Dean hooked the ball back across at the second attempt and Mike Fish stroked a fine dipping shot from the edge of the box that gave giant home keeper Hagreen no chance.

Mossley continued to dictate the pace throughout the half but were unable to add to the score-line, a failure which was set to rebound on them after the interval.

Mossley, had been yet again forced into a half time defensive change as Danny McDonnell replaced the injured Liam Baker with Andy Fitzgerald switching to a central defensive position.

It took only three minutes of the second period for Brighouse to find an equaliser, and a spectacular one at that. A Mossley clearance only went as far as lanky full back Kurt Harris who was lurking on the right. Harris hit a super first time shot into the top corner of the Mossley net from 25 yards.

With their tails now up Brighouse broke forward at every opportunity with their pacey forwards causing Mossley plenty of problems and it was no real surprise when the home side took the lead on 71 minutes. Centre back James Hurtley firing home a first time shot from just inside the box as Mossley failed to deal with a Brighouse corner.

Mossley strugglked to find a way back as their play was disjointed and Hagreen's goal was rarely threatened. The home side sealed the points five minutes from time when Daniel Facey forced the ball home from close range to complete the scoring.

The game sadly ended on a sour note. Brighouse player James Hurtley raced into the Mossley fans behind the Brighouse goal throwing punches and following a brief melee was shown a red card. Unfortunately, Tom Dean who had, as peacekeeper, pulled a Brighouse player away from the melee was also shown a red card. The alleged cause of the incident:- A Brighouse supporter had approached the group of Mossley fans behind the goal abusively and a scuffle had broken out.