Division One North
Saturday 24th October 2015 @ Shawbridge, Clitheroe
(0) 2
(0) 0
Hendry (64), Barski (90)
Mossleyweb Man of the Match: Tom Dean


1. Ben Woodhead
2. Wesley Benjamin
3. James Walker
4. Roberto Bonaminio
5. Danny Brady
6. Ross Dent
7. Scott Harries
8. David Lynch (c)
9. Sefton Gonzales
10. Callum Hendry
11. Scott Bakkor
12. James Heywood (for Benjamin 60)
14. Simon Garner (not used)
15. Brandon Barski (for Hendry 78)
16. Louis Mayers (for Bakkor 57)
Michael Hampson (not used)
Yellow cards:
Walker, Lynch

1. Liam Flynn
2. Caldon Henson
3. Lee Wilshaw
4. Mitch Bryant
5. Tom Dean
6. Kyle McGonigle
7. Scott Kay
8. Sam Robinson
9. Andy Keogh (c)
10. Dave Short
11. Mike Fish
12. Dougie Carroll (for Robinson 75)
14. John Bennett (for Bryant 54)
15. Tom Pratt (for Fish 64)

Yellow cards:

Referee: Mr P. Walker


Mossley’s six game unbeaten run came to a scrappy end in at Clitheroe on Saturday as the home side scored twice in the second half to take the points.

Mossley had one enforced change. With Mike Thomas unavailable, Kyle McGonigle stepped back into the back four with Mitch Bryant playing an unfamiliar attacking midfield role.

Mossley made a lively start and Dave Short and Bryant both went close in the early stages before the game degenerated into a bit of a scrap with some strong challenges by both sides.

Clitheroe’s threat came from giant centre forward Gonzales and pacey wide men Harries and Bakkor. The home side’s tactic was to scrap for bits in midfield and then hit the front men early. It was a ploy that caused Mossley problems all afternoon and inevitably paved the way for a home victory.

Chances at either end were few as defences stifled scoring opportunities in a first half that was almost painful to watch as the ball spent more time in the air than on the floor.
Mossley opened the second half on the offensive and within two minutes of the restart might have scored three goals. Mitch Bryant had his effort scrambled off the line and Andy Keogh and Tom Dean both came within a whisker of giving Mossley the lead.

Mike Fish then flashed a powerful drive inches wide before Clitheroe took the lead against the run of play on 64 minutes.

A deep cross from Mossley’s right wing eluded Lee Wilshaw and Callum Hendry headed beyond Liam Flynn’s dive and into the far corner.

Mossley huffed and puffed throughout the remainder of the game but Clitheroe’s defence showed stubborn resistance and the home side scored a second as the game entered stoppage time.

A through ball from midfield found substitute Brandon Barski who sidestepped the advancing Flynn before slotting home the killer goal.

The Lilywhites will look to bounce back quickly with neighbours Droylsden visiting Seel Park on Tuesday evening.