Division One North
Saturday 19th September 2015 @ Seel Park, Mossley
Prescot Cables
(0) 0
(0) 1
Dean (84)
Mossleyweb Man of the Match: Michael Thomas


1. Liam Flynn
2. Ryan Hibbert
3. Lee Wilshaw
4. Tom Dean
5. Michael Thomas
6. Sam Howell
7. Scott Kay
8. Luke Horrocks
9. Andy Keogh (c)
10. Tom Pratt
11. Mitch Bryant
12. Jack Pritchard (not used)
14. Jack Bradley (for Dean 64)
15. Kyle McGonigle (not used)
16. Dougie Carroll (for Hibbert 46)
17. Rhys Nevins (for Howell 73)

Yellow cards:

Prescot Cables
1. Marcus Burgess
2. Andy Harper
3. Shane Glean
4. Sam Staunton-Turner
5. Jonah O'Reilly
6. Joe Evans
7. Phil Bannister
8. James McCulloch (c)
9. Rob Doran
10. Tom Ince
11. James Edger
12. Lloyd Dean (for Glean 67)
14. George Mannion (for Edger 58)
15. Danny Flod (for Harper 77)
16. Josh Nicholson (not used)
17. Gareth Grant (not used)

Yellow cards:
Evans, Mannion

Referee: Mr D. Storrie


Mossley went down to a hugely disappointing fifth successive defeat when losing to a late Prescot Cables goal at Seel Park on Saturday.

In form Prescot arrived on the back of a 7-1 victory in their previous outing and their confident and measured approach to a fixture that has traditionally gone Mossley’s way was something of a surprise to many observers.

Cables noisy band of travelling fans would have been delighted at the way Cables took the game to a Mossley side seemingly a little low on confidence.

The bottom line is that Cables passed the ball better than their hosts who’s attempts at playing ‘get out’ balls down the channels failed miserably in a frustrating first half.

On the few occasions that the Lilywhites penetrated the Cables back line they found keeper Marcus Burgess in great form.

At the other end despite their laboured attacking, the Lilywhites defence looked more solid than in recent games with the return to the side of Tom Dean and the newly re-signed Michael Thomas, meaning that despite playing the better football the visitors goal chances were limited.

Half time saw the re-introduction of 2013/14 top scorer Dougie Carroll after several months out of action and he almost made an instant impact but volleyed over the bar after good work by Tom Pratt.

Carroll and co-striker Mitch Bryant were the victims of some eccentric off-side decisions as the half wore on, adding to Mossley’s overall frustration.

The sucker punch came with just six minutes left on the clock. After a spell of pressure by the visitors, Luke Horrocks clearance ricocheted off a Prescot player directly into the path of the seemingly off-side substitute striker Lloyd Dean who slotted the ball past the stranded Liam Flynn for what proved to be the winner.

Mossley finally applied some pressure of their own and Burgess made a superb double save to deny Andy Keogh and Rhys Nevins and Scott Kay fired inches wide as the game went into overtime.


Smiffy's pics