Division One North
Tuesday 25th August 2015 @ Wincham Park, Northwich
Witton Albion
(0) 1
(0) 1
Mills (90+4)
Short (85)
Mossleyweb Man of the Match: Tom Pratt

Witton Albion

1. Danny Roberts
2. Anthony Gardner
3. Niall Green
4. Gary Roberts
5. Scott Lycett
6. Darren Chadwick (c)
7. Chris Baker
8. Jon Beaumont
9. Lee Cropper
10. Alex Titchener
11. Danny Andrews
12. Jon Dawson (for Titchener 77)
14. Dean Warburton (not used)
15. Kyle Diskin (for Lycett 89)
16. Ben Mills (for Cropper 69)
17. Richard Smith (not used)

Red card:

Yellow cards:
Andrews, Green

1. Will Jones
2. Caldon Henson
3. Josh Greenhalgh
4. Tom Dean
5. John Bennett
6. Kyle McGonigle
7. Rory Breslin
8. Andy Keogh (c)
9. Sam Robinson
10. Tom Pratt
11. Mitch Bryant
12. Jack Pritchard (not used)
14. Sam Howell (not used)
15. Luke Horrocks (for Greenhalgh 77)
16. Dave Short (for Bryant 65)
17. Rhys Nevins (for Robinson 77)

Yellow cards:
Bryant, McGonigle

Referee: Mr K. Mattocks



Mossley were denied maximum points at Witton Albion on Tuesday by an equaliser scored with practically the last kick of a feisty encounter which saw the Lilywhites opponents fail to finish with eleven men for the fourth successive game.

An end to end first half saw chances for both sides but neither keeper was overly troubled as defences held firm.

Witton’s Danny Andrews was lucky to stay on the pitch after a two footed lunge on John Bennett brought only a yellow card.

The second half saw both sides trying to force the issue but some of the home side’s late tackles coupled with some bizarre refereeing decisions left much to be desired.

Witton had midfielder Gary Roberts dismissed for a bad challenge on the ever dangerous Tom Pratt on 64 minutes.

However, the home side had the ball in the Mossley net on 75 minutes but the goal was ruled out for off-side.

The introduction of Luke Horrocks and Rhys Nevins on 77 minutes improved Mossley’s chances against the ten men. Nevins’ skill and pace setting up fellow substitute Dave Short who’s curling shot hit the Witton bar and bounced away to safety as Mossley gained the upper hand.

The Lilywhites finally took the lead with just four minutes remaining. Horrocks and Nevins again combined on the left and the latter sent Dave Short into enough space for the burly striker to rifle home an unstoppable shot from 25 yards.

More controversy followed as Mossley were denied a clear penalty when Pratt’s kicking foot was clipped as he prepared to shoot with the referee to everyones astonishment awarding Witton a free kick instead.

Time was just about up when Witton won a throw in on the left wing and a long throw into the Mossley box broke kindly for home substitute Ben Mills to score through a crowded box and salvage what had looked to be an unlikely point for the home side.

Harsh on a hard working Mossley who showed plenty of quality and were truly unlucky not to take the three points having conceded for the first time this season so very late in the game.