Tuesday 26th July 2016 @ Seel Park, Mossley
FC United of Manchester
(0) 0
(2) 4
Gilchrist (4, 53, 60), Lowe (19)
Mossleyweb Man of the Match


1. Liam Flynn
2. Kyle Harrison
3. John Bennett
4. Desi Flanagan
5. Tom Dean
6. Kyle McGonigle
7. Tom Murray
8. Steve Yarwood
9. Andy Keogh (c)
10. Tom Pratt
11. Dougie Carroll
12. Andy Fitzgerald (for Harrison 56)
13. Ross Heywood (for Flynn 56)
14. Connor Bower (for Carroll 46
15. Omar McKenzie (for Murray 72)
16. Jonah Gosling (for Yarwood 46)
17. Antonio Din Chin (for Pratt 72)
18. Tyler Berry (for McGonigle 61)

FC United of Manchester

1. Dave Carnell
2. Dale Tong
3. Dean Hope
4. Scott Kay
5. Tom Eckersley
6. Luke Ashworth
7. Nathan Lowe
8. Kieran Glynn
9. Jason Gilchrist
10. Jerome Wright (c)
11. George Thompson
12. Tom Brown
13. Dylan Forth
14. James Doyle
15. Kisimba Kisimba
16. Chris Chantler
17. Jake Williams
18. Sam Madeley

Referee: Mr A. Clayton



National League North side FC United of Manchester proved too strong for Mossley in Tuesday's Seel Park friendly.

The two division gap was evident throughout a largely one sided encounter. FC United passed the ball better and at a higher pace with the Lilywhites often left chasing shadows.

The Rebels opened the scoring as early as the 4th minute when former Burnley striker Jason Gilchrist raced in from a suspiciously off-side position on the right to fire home.

Mossley responded and Steve Yarwood was unfortunate to see his effort rebound off the bar but it was the visitors who were generally the more threatening and they doubled the lead on 19 minutes. Nathan Lowe whipping home a left foot beauty from just outside the Mossley box which left Liam Flynn rooted to his line.

Mossley's next chance came when Kyle McGonigle's 25 yard free kick was brilliantly turned away by Dave Carnell.

FC United had another great chance when George Thompson broke clear only to see his effort come back off a post and into Flynn's grateful arms.

Mossley's next chance saw Dougie Carroll's point blank effort saved by Carnell's outstretched leg as Mossley briefly threatened a comeback.

After a brief spell of pressure by Mossley at the start of the second half with Andy Keogh and Tom Pratt prominent in Mossley attacks, the game soon swung back in FC United's control again.

The lively Gilchrist scored his second of the night on 53 minutes with a smart shot into the top corner which substitute keeper Ross Heywood got a hand to but couldn't keep out.

Gilchrist completed the scoring with his hat-trick goal on the hour mark from close range at the far post from a well struck right wing free kick.