Saturday 29th October 2015 @ Seel Park, Mossley
Farsley Celtic
(0) 1
(2) 3
Bove (48)
Nightingale (6, 81), Savory (40)
Mossleyweb Man of the Match: Logan Jeffs

1. Liam Flynn
2. Kyle Harrison
3. John Bennett
4. Logan Jeffs
5. Tom Dean
6. Kyle McGonigle
7. Jason Hill
8. Matty Burke
9. Andy Keogh (c)
10. Mark Haslam
11. Tom Pratt
12. Danny McDonnell (not used)
14. Ciaran Harper (not used)
15. Robert Bourne (for Hill 72)
16. Dave Short (for Haslam 46)
17. Jordan Bove (for McGonigle 46)
Red Card: Pratt
Yellow card:

Farsley Celtic
1. Graham McKibbin
2. Aaron Hardy
3. Chris Howarth
4. Nathan Turner
5. Aiden Savory
6. Paddy Miller (c)
7. Lewis Nightingale
8. Ross Daly
9. Jacob Hazel
10. Richard Marshall
11. Paul Walker
12. Peter Davidson (for Nightingale 85)
14. Adam Clayton (not used)
15. Jordan Deacy (for Hazel 85)
16. Alex Davidson (not used)

Red Card: Marshall
Yellow card:

Referee: Mr B. Atkinson


Former Mossley star Lewis Nightingale and left winger Paul Walker put on an attacking clinic for Farsley Celtic as they defeated Mossley 3-1 at Seel Park and progressed through to the 2nd qualifying round of the FA Trophy.

The Celts took the lead early on as a slick passing move was finished by Lewis Nightingale after Paul Walker whipped in a delightful ground cross. Mossley had their first opportunity as Andy Keogh had his effort well saved by Graeme McKibbin before the ball fell to the feet of Tom Pratt who fired over.

Just before the half hour mark Mossley had strong appeals for a penalty waved away as Pratt went down under pressure from Aaron Hardy, before Farsley then pushed forward with Paul Walker firing over after being played in by Richard Marshall.

Marshall then had a chance of his own as he let fly from the edge of the box, his curling effort being superbly tipped over by Liam Flynn. From the resulting corner Ross Daly received the ball and played in Nightingale who squared for Aiden Savory who prodded home at the back post to double Farsley’s lead. 

Mossley started the second half positively and were rewarded with a goal as an almighty scramble in the box resulted in substitute Jordan Bove heading in at the far post.

Mossley continued their pressure and came close to an equaliser after John Bennett’s free-kick was headed goal-wards by Dave Short only for McKibbin to make a fine save and tip the ball over the bar. Farsley were then reduced to ten men as Richard Marshall was sent for an early bath controversially after he jumped for a header and was adjudged to have lead with the elbow.

The wind was taken out of Mossley’s sails ten minutes from time after a coming together between Pratt and McKibbin resulted in the former being dismissed after giving a kick out at Farsley’s ‘keeper.

Immediately after Farsley secured all three points after some great interplay between Walker and Nightingale with Walker producing a superb delivery once again for Nightingale who slotted home from close range.

Report courtesy of Thomas Ritchie

Smiffy's pics > >