Division One North
Saturday 15th April 2017 @ Parkside Road, Kendal
Kendal Town
(2) 3
(0) 0
Poole (16), Dudley (23,76)
Mossleyweb Man of the Match: Matty Burke

Kendal Town

1. Will Kitchen
2. Adam Freeland
3. Ben Thomas
4. Martin Grundy
5. Stuart McDonald (c)
6. Josh Wardle
7. Sam Bailey
8. Charlie Bailey
9. Matt Dudley
10. Matt Poole
11. Josh Draycott

12. Mike Aspin (for Poole 62)
14. Callum Hoctor (for Draycott 57)
15. Danny McGahon (not used)
Yellow cards:
Grundy, McDonald, Dudley, Poole

1. Will Jones
2. Caldon Henson
3. Callum Scullion
4. Mo Ali
5. Tom Dean (c)
6. Dan Johnson
7. Matty Burke
8. Jason Hill
9. Liam Ellis
10. Mitch Bryant
11. Tom Pratt
12. Rob Flynn (not used)
14. Elliot Harrison (for Hill 57)
15. Keenan Quansah (not used)
16. Danny Byrnes (for SCullion 66)
17. Mason Duffy (for Ellis 80)
Yellow card:
Henson, Dean, Johnson, Burke, Pratt
Red card: Bryant

Referee: Mr L. Doughty


Mossley created enough chances to win several games despite being reduced to ten men for the last hour of the game as the Lilywhites fell to a 3-0 defeat at Kendal Town on Easter Saturday.

Lady luck seems to have well and truly deserted Mossley in recent weeks and this game was no exception.

Kendal opened on the front foot playing down the Parkside Road slope but Mossley gradually got a foothold in the game only to fall behind with kendal's first effort on target on 16 minutes. Sam Bailey's cross from the right was met by Matt Poole's looping header that curled around keeper Will Jones and into the bottom corner.

Mossley's woe continued in the 23rd minute when an unopposed run down the right by Adam Freeland saw his cross volleyed home by Matt Dudley to double the home side's advantage.

It got worse for the Lilywhites five minutes later when a horrible two footed lunge at Mitch Bryant by Martin Grundy was missed by referee Mr Doughty and his assistant. Bryant and Grundy then squared up to each other but it was Bryant who was met by the referee's wrath and was shown a straight red card.

Mr Doughty, who's performance in middle could be described as very poor to say the least then threw yellow cards around for fun throughout the remainder of the game by over reacting to every minor incident.

Kendal were unable to press home their advantage in numbers and it was Mossley who took charge for the majority of the remaining 60 minutes.

The Lilywhites creating lots of chances but the ball somehow refused to cross the Kendal line no matter what Mossley threw at it.

The second half saw Mossley on top throughout as chances again went begging. Keeper, defensive blocks, great tackles and the woodwork kept Mossley at bay.

Kendal should have been reduced to ten men when Matt Poole led with an elbow that smashed Caldon Henson full in the face but the referee was lenient on this occasion and only booked the culprit. A decision which was to backfire on Mossley as in a rare Kendal attack Poole volleyed Kendal into an unassailable three goal lead on 76 minutes.

Mossley continued to attack and were awarded a penalty late on when Dan Johnson was barged into the net as he was about to head home.

No card was shown for preventing the clear goal scoring chance and Mossley's misery was completed for the day as the otherwise outstanding Matty Burke mis-hit his spot kick allowing home keeper Will Kitchen an easy save.