Division One North
Tuesday 14th February 2017 @ Seel Park, Mossley
Radcliffe Borough
(0) 2
(1) 1
Watson (69), Bove (87)
Reilly (10)
Mossleyweb Man of the Match: Damian Skolorzynski

1. Cameron Mason
2. Damian Skolorzynski
3. Dan Johnson
4. Matty Burke
5. Tom Dean
6. Andy Watson
7. James Blair (c)
8. Danny Byrnes
9. Liam Ellis
10. Jordan Bove
11. Tom Pratt
12. Caldon Henson (for Ellis 75)
13. Will Jones (not used)
14. Callum Scullion (for Johnson 8)
15. Keenan Quansah (not used)
16. Mason Duffy (for Byrnes 58)

Yellow card: -

Radcliffe Borough
1. Ciaran O'Loughlin
2. Vita Mbolokele
3. Lamin Baldeh
4. Stanislave Zhekov
5. Jacques Kpohomouh
6. Ryan Eisely
7. Jack Hindle (c)
8. Tommy Raheem
9. Lewis Reilly
10. Darren Torpey
11. Elliot Rokka
12. Daniel Burns (not used)
14. Dillon Lomas (for Torpey 65
15. Conor Ready (for Rokka 77)
16. Alex Black (not used)
17. Jordan Fitton (for Eisely 79)
Yellow card: -
Red card: Ready

Referee: Mr I. Watson


The new look Mossley put in a terrific shift to come from behind to deservedly beat rivals Radcliffe Borough 2-1 at Seel Park on Tuesday night.

The only change to the Mossley side from the previous game was Danny Byrnes who came in for his first start replacing Keenan Quansah who had arrived late to the ground having been held up in traffic.

Radcliffe opened the livelier and Mossley were dealt an early blow when Dan Johnson was forced off with a head injury after only eight minutes.

Two minutes later and the visitors were ahead. Elliot Rokka setting up Lewis Reilly for a simple tap in.

Mossley worked hard to find a way back into the game and began to get on top. Jordan Bove being denied by a good save by O’Loughlin.

Bizarrely, Radcliffe showed signs that time wasting was going to be their way forward with O’Loughlin regularly delaying his ball distribution much to the Lilywhites increasing frustration.

Radcliffe held on to their lead to the break despite Mossley asking plenty of questions but the second half saw Mossley up the tempo and keep Radcliffe largely pinned in their own third of the pitch.

Radcliffe were still a threat on the break though and Cameron Mason excelled with a couple of good saves to keep the visitors at bay before the equaliser arrived in the 69th minute. Callum Scullion’s right wing corner was bundled home by Andy Watson to finally restore parity.

O’Loughlin then kept Radcliffe in the game making two flying saves to deny first Mason Duffy and then a Matty Burke free kick.

Radcliffe’s last attack of note saw Mason again make a good save from Rokka but Mossley were not to be denied. Duffy and Burke interchanged passes on the left wing and the latter crossed to the far post where Jordan Bove was on hand to force the ball home from close range with just three minutes of normal time remaining much to the joy and relief of the Mossley faithful.

Radcliffe lost their discipline at that point and they were quickly reduced to ten men when substitute Connor Ready lunged through the back of Matty Burke.

Tom Pratt and substitute Caldon Henson did really well to hold the ball up in the corner to run the clock down as overtime stretched to five minutes and the Lilywhites were home and dry with a much needed three points in the bag.


Smiffy's pics > >