Division One North
Saturday 25th November 2017 @ Seel Park, Mossley
Brighouse Town
(0) 2
(0) 1
Duffy (65), Fish (90+3)
Day (51)
Mossleyweb Man of the Match: Mason Duffy

1. Oliver Martin
2. Caldon Henson
3. James-McLean Oppong
4. Mo Ali
5. Tom Dean (c)
6. Keenan Quansah
7. Elliot Harrison
8. Mike Fish
9. Mason Duffy
10. Adam Latham
11. Danny McLaughlin
14. Mike Taylor (for Harrison 90)
15. Sam Howell (not used)
16. Harry Pratt (for Oppong 46)
17. Liam Ellis (for McLaughlin 46)
Yellow card: Dean

Brighouse Town
1. Christopher Butt
2. Rhys Jenkinson
3. Ferdinand Annor
4. Connor Griffin
5. Jaydon Armstrong
6. Toby Lees
7. Thomas Haigh (c)
8. Iwan Heeley
9. Aaron Martin
10. Marcus Day
11. Gabriel Johnson
12. Harley Wigley (not used)
14. Lewis Riley (not used)
15. Callum Robinson (for Haigh 82)
16. Jack Normanton (for Day 66)
17. Robert Worrall (for Johnson 73)
Yellow cards: -

Referee: Mr D. Jarvis


Mike Fish struck deep in injury time as Mossley completed a dramatic comeback to beat Brighouse Town 2-1 at Seel Park.

With just seconds remaining on the clock, striker Fish scored his second goal since returning to the club to claim a crucial victory for The Lilywhites.

The result moves Mossley up to 12th position in the Evo-Stik North table, just three points adrift of 6th place Glossop North End.

However, it was Brighouse who made the brighter start as Ferdinand Annor fired over inside the first minute.

The visitors dominated the early stages and came close again moments later, this time Aaron Martin fired over from 6 yards.

Mossley were unfortunate not to have been awarded a penalty as Christopher Butt brought down the lively Danny McLaughlin inside the area, although the referee waved play on.

The hosts grew into the game and almost opened the scoring when Caldon Henson released a vicious effort, although Butt was equal to it at his near post.

The wintry conditions at Seel Park proved difficult, as heavy snowfall disrupted either side's rhythm.

Oliver Martin was called into action frequently, but the former Fleetwood man made a series of saves in what proved to be an excellent goalkeeping display.

First, Martin got down low to tip Iwan Heeley's free kick around the post, before spreading himself big to deny skipper Thomas Haigh in first half injury time.

Ahead of the second half, managers Peter Band and Lloyd Morrison implemented a 3-5-2 formation, in the hope of breaking down a vigorous Brighouse side.

Striker Liam Ellis replaced McLaughlin to make his long awaited return from injury, whilst fellow front-man Harry Pratt was brought on in place of James Mclean-Oppong, to make his debut for the club since arriving on loan from Chorley in midweek.

Despite the positive change, it was the away side who opened the scoring as Marcus Day found a gap in the Mossley back-line, before placing the ball past Martin.

Soon after, Mossley were rewarded for their perseverance when debutant Pratt found Mason Duffy, who curled an unstoppable effort in off the underside of the crossbar to claim his third goal of the season.

Brighouse came close to restoring their lead when Aaron Martin's header cannoned off the bar.

The game looked destined for a stalemate until Duffy was brought down in the 94th minute on the edge of the Brighouse penalty area.

Veteran striker Fish stepped up and rifled an unstoppable free-kick past a helpless Butt, to send the Mossley faithful into ecstasy.

Report by Ryan Booth

Martyn Nolan's pics > >