Division One North
Saturday 30th September 2017 @ Shawbridge, Clitheroe

(0) 1

(0) 1
Willoughby (90)
Duffy (73)
Mossleyweb Man of the Match: Tom Dean


1. Chris Thompson
2. Jacob Gregory
3. Stephen Rigby
4. Ryan Ellison
5. Tom Smyth
6. Ian Rowlands (c)
7. Joe Mitchell
8. Charlie Russell
9. Kurt Willoughby
10. Alex Newby
11. Danny Byrnes

12. Oliver Crankshaw (for Byrnes 56)
14. Brad Carroll (for Russell 64)
15. Brad Knox (for Mitchell 77)
16. Robbie Bromley (not used)
17. Michael Samson (not used)
Yellow cards: Russell, Willoughby

1. Oliver Martin
2. Caldon Henson
3. Ismail Suleiman
4. Mo Ali
5. Tom Dean (c)
6. Keenan Quansah
7. Elliot Harrison
8. Adam Latham
9. Liam Ellis
10. Jack Tuohy
11. Mason Duffy

12. James Oppong (not used)
14. Sam Howell (for Harrison 57)
15. Marko Basic (for Tuohy 64)
16. Danny McLaughlin (for Latham 81)
17. Michael Taylor (not used)

Yellow cards:
Quansah, Ali

Referee: Mr D. Locker


Mossley were just moments away from collecting all three points in Saturday’s trip to Clitheroe but for the second successive game conceded a goal in stoppage time, this time a late equaliser to tie the result at 1-1.

A largely uneventful first half saw few chances for either side with both defences looking very strong. The only moments of note in a somewhat dour opening half saw Liam Ellis fire a powerful angled drive a whisker past the post while at the other end Oliver Martin was alert to make a good block save to keep out ex Mossley player Danny Byrnes’ effort.

After some early Clitheroe pressure in the second half, Mossley began to get on top and press the game in Clitheroe’s half. Chances started to come, Ellis, Adam Latham and Mason Duffy causing plenty of problems for the home defence while Tom Dean had an effort cleared from the line.

As the game reached it’s final quarter Mossley began to exert some real pressure and substitute Marko Basic looked like he was set to give the Lilywhites the lead when he stepped inside and curled a great shot that beat keeper Chris Thompson only to be somehow headed off the line by a covering defender when a goal looked certain.

Mossley finally took the lead on 73 minutes. Latham’s clever through ball sent Mason Duffy clear and the lively winger made no mistake as he fired the ball beyond Thompson’s reach.

However, with the game in it’s second minute of stoppage time Mossley surrendered possession in the Clitheroe half, a long punt up field found prolific home marksman Kurt Willoughby and his turn and shot gave Martin no chance to earn the home side a point.

There was further drama as Clitheroe suddenly sensed they could win a game they looked certain to lose and Martin was forced to make another save to deny a Willoughby free kick with practically the last kick of the game.