Division One North
Tuesday 13th March 2018 @ Seel Park, Mossley
(1) 1
(1) 3
Hall (15)
Brady (45), Willoughby (65, 69)
Mossleyweb Man of the Match: Declan Evans

1. Johnny Diba-Musangu
2. Declan Evans
3. Keenan Quansah
4. Mo Ali
5. Dieter Downey
6. Danny Hall
7. Mike Fish (c)
8. Andy Keogh
9. Liam Ellis
10. Jack Tuohy
11. Adam Latham
12. Logan Jeffs (not used)
14. Mason Duffy (for Tuohy 81)
15. Elliot Harrison ((for Ali 85)
16. Tom Fisher (for Fish 75)
17. Harri Lovett (not used)
Yellow cards: Fisher

1. Chris Thompson
2. Caldon Henson
3. Stephen Rigby
4. Ian Rowlands
5. Danny Brady (c)
6. Ross Dent
7. Joe Mitchell
8. George Hughes
9. Kurt Willoughby
10. Jack Egan
11. Dimitri Tuanzebe
12. George West (for Egan 73)
14. Charlie Russell (for Mitchell 60)
15. Adam Bolton (not used)
16. Jacob Gregory (not used))
17. Brad Carroll (for Mitchell 77)
Yellow cards: Tuanzebe, Hughes

Referee: Mr D. Dutton


Clitheroe came back from a goal down to make it two wins on the bounce defeating Mossley who lose at Seel Park for just the third time this season.

As the first half began it looked like Clitheroe were barely in the match at all and were losing every physical battle with their opponents.

Mossley almost scored right from the off with Jack Tuohy's corner flying past eveyone and striking the inside of the post.

It did not take long however for Mossley to find the first goal and took the lead in the 15th minute when after a great free kick into the box Danny Hall struck the ball past Thompson.

It could have been a lot worse for the Blues if it was not for a few superb saves from Chris Thompson who, from two resulting corners, twice denied Mossley from back to back chances.

Clitheroe slowly started coming into the game as the half progressed but were only really getting half chances and failing to test the Mossley goalkeeper.

The Blues found a stroke of luck right on half time however when George Hughes, who had been putting in superb crosses all game, made one count when his free kick was met by Danny Brady who volleyed in for the last kick of the half. Half-time: Mossley 1-1 Blues.

I'm not sure what kind of half time team talk Simon and Johnno have to the lads but it must have done something to them when they came firing out the starting blocks giving Mossley no time on the ball.

Joe Mitchell came close in the first minute of the second half striking a powerful shot at goal which was just tipped over.

George Hughes was causing the opposition all sorts of problems with his deliveries into the box but the Mossley defence stayed stubborn.

It did not take too much longer however for Clitheroe to break through and after a wonderful touch down by Jack Egan towards Willoughby, the top scorer ran through the Mossley defence and fired powerfully over the Mossley goalkeeper.

From the goal Clitheroe took complete control and it was only a matter of minutes before they found a third when Willoughby over a free kick curled powerfully over the wall into the top corner. As good a goal you'll see all season.

Mossley did not look like they wanted any part of it after that and Clitheroe controlled the game well with short passing and patiently shutting the opposition out.

It could have even been a hat trick for Willoughby when he worked is way in to the Mossley penalty area but could not quite get his angles right on the shot.

Nevertheless, Clitheroe held out and secured a very good win to take them up to seventh.

Report courtesy of Jack Towers