Division One North
Tuesday 27th March 2018 @ Utility Renewals Stadiium, Colne
(1) 1
(0) 1
Morgan (18)
Duffy (49)
Mossleyweb Man of the Match: Liam Ellis

1. Hakan Burton
2. Waqas Ali
3. Lee Pugh
4. Andrew Hollins
5. Jonathan Hodgkinson
5. Simon Nangle (c)
6. Matty Morgan
8. Gary Stopforth
9. Connor Hughes
10. Alex Curran
11. Oliver Crankshaw

12. Chris Lynnch (for Hughes 85)
14. Sam Howell (not used)
15. Leon Creech (for Morgan 77)
16. Bradley Knox
Yellow cards: none

1. Max Povey
2. Logan Jeffs
3. Keenan Quansah
4. Andy Keogh
5. Tom Dean (c)
6. Declan Evans
7. Elliot Harrison
8. Adam Latham
9. Liam Ellis
10. Mason Duffy
11. Mike Fish
12. Dieter Downey (for Latham 88)
14. Michael Jones (not used)
15. Tyrell Palmer (not used)
16. Rio Ahmadi (for Fish 90)
Yellow cards: Jeffs, Harrison, Latham

Referee: Mr I. Johnston


Mossley had a big battle on a difficult pitch at play off chasing Colne on Tuesday night but were fully meritorious of a very well deserved and hard earned 1-1 draw.

Mossley were without the injured Danny Hall and Tom Fisher and the unavailable Jack Tuohy resulting in a reshuffle and system change for the Lilywhites. Elliot Harrison was given his first start for several games while Liam Ellis also returned to the starting line up.

Despite playing up the steep Utility Renewals Stadium slope Colne began the game on the front foot and a wild goalmouth scramble in the opening moments saw Mossley keeper Max Povey save from Alex Curran. The giant Jonathan Hodgkinson rose to head home from the resulting corner but his effort was disallowed for a foul.

Colne were in the driving seat at this point as Mossley were penned back for a spell with only a Mason Duffy shot that flew wide to show for their efforts.

Colne took the lead on 18 minutes when Matty Morgan’s speculative shot somehow squirmed it’s way into the far corner of the Mossley net.

Mossley responded well and didn’t let their heads drop, in fact the Lilywhites began to get on top and became much more of an attacking threat.

Despite playing up hill after the break Mossley dominated the second half playing some good football on the tricky surface particularly after scoring a 49th minute equaliser. Adam Latham's deep cross from the right was collected centrally outside the box by Mason Duffy. A couple of good touches saw Duffy past two defenders before placing a good shot beyond Hakan Burton’s reach.

Good pressure by Mossley saw Tom Dean’s goal-bound header scrambled off the line as the visitors threatened a winner. Mike Fish saw his effort blocked by an arm but only a corner was awarded and soon after Burton made a smart save to deny another Mason Duffy effort.

There was late drama when the referee over-ruled his assistant to award Colne a late stoppage time corner and a wild scramble ensued before Declan Evans cleared the ball to safety and the final whistle sounded moments later.