Division One North
Tuesday 15th August 2017 @ Seel Park, Mossley
(1) 1
(0) 1
Latham (35)
Fish (57)
Mossleyweb Man of the Match: Sam Gibson

1. Oliver Martin
2. Caldon Henson
3. Sam Gibson
4. Mo Ali
5. Tom Dean (c)
6. Keenan Quansah
7. Elliot Harrison
8. Mason Duffy
9. Liam Ellis
10. Jack Tuohy
11. Adam Latham
12. Ismail Suleiman (not used)
14. Mike Taylor (not used)
15. Aaron Dwyer (for Latham 79)
16. Danny McLaughlin (for Duffy 68)
17. Peter Watling (not used)
Yellow cards:

1. Hakan Burton
2. Ken Taylor
3. Lee Pugh
4. Alex Coleman
5. Chris Lynch
6. Simon Nangle (c)
7. Philip Dean
8. Adam Morning
9. Danny Wilkins
10. Mike Fish
11. Michael Morrison
12. Jacob Gregory (for Morning (80)
13. Alex Curran (for Nangle 90)
14. Lewis Hanley (for Fish 87)
15. Stephen Cassidy (not used)
Yelloe cards:

Referee: Mr A. Smith



What a fantastic advert for Evo-stik League football at Seel Park on Tuesday night as Mossley and Colne battled out an exciting end to end 1-1 draw.

The clash of styles was marked. Mossley, all pace and movement, Colne, all guile and experience and it made for a thoroughly exciting spectacle in the Lilywhites first home game of the 2017/18 season.

Mossley were the first to ask questions with the visitors former Curzon Ashton keeper Hakan Burton the busier of the two custodians as the Lilywhites created the better of the first half chances with Mo Ali, Elliot Harrison and Jack Tuohy pulling the strings in midfield.

Colne were more direct and played endless long balls into the Mossley half in an attempt to disrupt a solid looking Mossley back line with Phil Dean and ex Mossley pair Mike Fish and Adam Morning both prominent for the visitors.

Mossley looked dangerous with every raid and took a deserved lead on 25 minutes when Adam Latham's powerful dipping effort from the edge of the box took a slight deflection to find the top corner of Burton's net.

Twelve minutes after the restart and the visitors drew level when Danny Wilkins cross wasn't cleanly cleared and ex Lilywhites hit-man Mike Fish was on hand to turn the ball home from six yards.

Colne had the better of the possession stakes by this stage as they moved the ball around well and became more of an attacking threat as Mossley were forced to defend deep and play more on the counter attack, but the Lilywhites remained a threat.

Liam Ellis saw his effort well saved by Burton and Mo Ali rifled a powerful effort just over the bar. At the other end Mossley were thankful to Sam Gibson for a dramatic goal-line clearance from Michael Morrison's goalbound effort and Ollie Martin was also called into action making a fine double save before Mossley clearaed their lines.

Mossley had the best chances of the late stages both falling to skipper Tom Dean. Firstly his hooked shot cleared the bar from a good position and then headed narrowly wide from a great position from Jack Tuohy's right wing corner.

In the end a draw was probably the fairest result as Mossley continued their unbeaten start to the season.


Peter Gray's pics > >