Division One North
Saturday 24th March 2018 @ Seel Park, Mossley
Ossett Albion
(1) 1
(1) 4
Dean (3 pen)
Priestley (45, 50, 90), Chippendale (86)
Mossleyweb Man of the Match: Tom Dean

1. Max Povey
2. Declan Evans
3. Logan Jeffs
4. Andy Keogh
5. Tom Dean (c)
6. Danny Hall
7. Adam Latham
8. Keenan Quansah
9. Tom Fisher
10. Mason Duffy
11. Mike Fish
12. Dieter Downey (not used)
14. Elliot Harrison (for Hall 80)
15. Liam Ellis (for Fish 68)
16. Michael Jones (not used)
17. Tyrell Palmer (for Latham 59)
Yellow card: Hall

Ossett Albion
1. Brett Souter
2. Jacob Young
3. Derek Uber
4. James Knowles
5. Alex McQuade (c)
6. Jack Stockdill
7. Adam Priestley
8. Josh Grant
9. Tom Corner
10. Marcus Day
11. Scott Metcalfe
12. Ben Harley (for Priestley 90)
14. Adam Porritt (for Young 46)
15. Piteu Cruz (not used)
16. Aiden Chippendale (for McQuade 53)
17. Declan Dawson (not used)
Yellow cards: Grant, Corner, Metcalfe

Referee: Mr K. Silcock


Mossley fell to a third successive home defeat on Saturday, when, after taking an early lead the Lilywhites succumbed to a 4-1 Seel Park defeat against Ossett Albion.

The Lilywhites got off to a flying start when they were awarded a third minute penalty for an innocuous hand-ball. Tom Dean dispatched the penalty.

As the half unfurled the game lacked any kind of fluency to it as there were several injury breaks in a stop-start first half.

That first period went mostly the Lilywhites way as regards possession and the home side had a great chance when Mason Duffy raced clear and rounded the Ossett keeper but ran out of space to get a clear shot away.

Duffy was the victim of a controversial decision soon after when he again raced through a high Ossett line and this time made no mistake only to be denied by a very dubious lineman’s off-side flag.

As Mossley’s recent luck would have it, the visitors drew level almost on the half time whistle as Gibraltar international Adam Priestley grabbed a shock equaliser.

Five minutes after the break and Ossett were ahead when a well worked move was again finished by Priestley after Mossley keeper Max Povey was unable to hold on to Tom Corner’s initial shot.

The game swung from end to end but Mossley came the closest as the visitors twice cleared off the line to deny Tom Fisher and Mason Duffy an equaliser.

With the game becoming stretched, Mossley became subject to Ossett breakaways but were punished for failing to find an equaliser when substitute Aiden Chippendale curled a superb 20 yard strike beyond Povey.

With the game lost it was disappointing to see Mossley heads drop towards the end and the lethal Priestley completed his hat-trick from close range as the match entered stoppage time to give the score-line a somewhat flattering but hard earned result in the visitors favour.


Martyn Nolan's pics > >