Division One North
Saturday 4th November 2017 @ Marine Arriva Satdium, Crosby
Skelmersdale United

(2) 2

(1) 1
Owens (18), Mahoney (31)
Henson (50)
Mossleyweb Man of the Match: Dieter Downey

Skelmersdale United

1. Lee Callum Roberts
2. Arnold Baxendale
3. Jack Fleming
4. Mike Roddy (c)
5. Phil Mooney
6. Josh Wardle
7. Nathan Randell
8. Robert Bourne
9. Andrew Owens
10. Callum Mahoney
11. Bevan Burey

12. Tom Mitchell (for Fleming 89)
14. Josh Dobie (for Randell 83)
15. Chris Hill (for Bourne 76)
16. Harry Blackburn (not used)
17. Jack Sims (not used)
Yellow cards:
Burey, Hill, Owens

1. Oliver Martin
2. Caldon Henson
3. Dieter Downey
4. Mo Ali
5. Tom Dean (c)
6. Keenan Quansah
7. Rory Fallon
14. Marko Basic
9. Mike Fish
10. Jack Tuohy
11. Mason Duffy

12. James-McLean Oppong (not used)
15. Sam Howell (not used)
16. Adam Latham (for Tuohy 76)
17. Danny McLaughlin (for Basic 73)

Yellow cards:
Dean, Fallon

Referee: Mr D. Croft


A very poor first half display and two goalkeeper errors cost Mossley dearly when going down 2-1 to Skelmersdale United at their temporary home of Marine’s Arriva Stadium on Saturday.

The Lilywhites were forced to change their line up shortly before kick off with Elliot Harrison pulling up in the warm up with Marko Basic his replacement.

The Lilywhites had a great chance in the opening minute when a defensive mix up let Mike Fish in on the left channel but his effort went wide of the near post.

Sadly, that was just about Mossley’s last real chance of the half as they allowed Skem to take the upper hand.

The opening goal came on 18 minutes when Moslsey conceded a free kick some 35 yards out. Andy Owens’ effort was well struck but should have caused keeper Oliver Martin no problems. However, the Mossley keeper somehow allowed the ball to slip from his grasp and into the net for a shock and sickening opener.

The second goal on 31 minutes was also easily avoidable. Martin choosing to punch the ball rather than take a relatively simple catch. The ball broke to Callum Mahoney who’s shot took a big deflection off Tom Dean before flying into the roof of the Mossley net.

Mossley came out with more purpose in the second half. Mo Ali headed narrowly wide in the opening minute and on 50 minutes Mossley finally had a foothold in the game when Caldon Henson headed home Mason Duffy’s left wing cross for his first goal for the club in his 97th appearance.

Mossley had the better of the second half possession but lacked ideas as to how to break down the Skem defence. A few goalmouth skirmishes aside, the Lilywhites struggled to maker any inroads and finally succumbed to a thoroughly disappointing defeat.