Monday 8th October 2018 @ The Abbey Stadium, Gorton, Manchester
Abbey Hey
(0) 0
(2) 4
Mason (20), Halfacre (30), Dwyer (49), Miranda (83)
Mossleyweb Man of the Match: Izzy Miranda

Abbey Hey
1. Josh Samberg
2. Stephen Solademi
3. Louis Edwards (c)
4. Joseph Ojo
5. Ashley Oparah
6. Matthew Shaw
7. Keiron Dale
8. Tom Murray
9. Elisene Fernandes
10. Samuel Oko
11. Robert Swallow
12. Kieran Halliwell (for 7 - 46)
14. Felix Woral (for 6 - 63)
15. Teddy Osipitan (unused)
16. Paul Moore (for 8 - 72)

Yellow card:- none

1. Jonny Diba Musangu
2. Ben Richardson
3. Izzy Miranda
4. Kyle McGonigle
5. Steve Mason
6. Declan Evans
7. Aaron Dwyer
8. Keenan Quansah
9. Ben Halfacre
10. Andy Keogh (c)
11. Mason Duffy
12. Danny McLaughlin (for 4 - 46)
14. Dieter Downey (for 7 - 77)
15. Mike Fish (unused)
16. Elliot Harrison (unused)
17. Loagn Jeffs (for 5 - 60)

Yellow card:- none

Referee: Mr P. Graham


Mossley cantered to a comfortable victory against Hallmark Security League strugglers Abbey Hey in the 1st Round of the Manchester FA Premier Cup at the Abbey Stadium on Monday evening.

A reshuffled Lilywhites side saw Kyle McGonigle make his first appearance after around 18 months on the injury sideline.

In honesty Mossley ought to have won by far more than the four goals that they did manage to score as the Lilywhites missed a host of chances and also struck woodwork on several occasions in a predominantly one side affair.

It took the Lilywhites 20 minutes to open the scoring. Ben Richardson’s right wing corner was turned goalwards by Andy Keogh and Steve Mason helped the ball over the line for a scruffy first goal for the club.

The second goal arrived ten minutes later and what a beauty it was. Ben Halfacre picked up the ball close to the left touchline and stepped inside to hammer a thunderous drive into the far top corner of the net from fully 30 yards.

More chances were created and missed with Abbey’s rare forays forward causing Mossley keeper Jonny Diba Musangu little trouble.
The third goal came four minutes after the break. The ever dangerous Aaron Dwyer received a pass on the left wing and tricked and shimmied his way into the box before slotting home.

Mossley went on to miss a hat full of chances as the game became compressed in the Abbey half. Halfacre, Danny McLaughlin and Mason Duffy all missed presentable chances while Duffy and Dwyer also struck the woodwork before the inevitable fourth goal came on 83 minutes. Izzy Miranda receiving the ball five yards outside the box rifled home a delightful left footed shot into the bottom corner for his first Lilywhites goal.

There was still time to miss several more chances before the referee put Abbey Hey out of their collective misery by blowing the final whistle without playing any added time.