Division One West
Tuesday 1st January 2019 @ Seel Park, Mossley
(0) 1
(0) 0
Halfacre (59)
Mossleyweb Man of the Match: Mike Fish
1. Josh Ollerenshaw
2. Ben Richardson
3. Dieter Downey
4. Kieran Nolan
5. Adam Jones
6. Declan Evans
7. Max Leonard
8. Andy Keogh (c)
9. Mike Fish
10. Ben Halfacre
11. Godwin Abadaki
12. Mason Duffy (for 10 - 86)
14. Steve Mason (for 8 63)
15. Elliot Harrison (for 5 - 68)
16. Kyle McGonigle (unused)
17. Szymon Czubik (unused)

Yellow cards: Nolan, Richardson
1. Chris Thompson
2. Shaquille Antoine-Clarke
3. Shaun Holden
4. Sam Baird
5. Andy Hollins
6. Stephen Rigby
7. Luke Daly
8. Dylan Smith
9. Sefton Gonzales
10. Domaine Rouse
11. Liam Caddick
12. Phil Marsh (unused)
14. Oliver Ford (for 8 - 86)
15. Lewis Doyle (for 3 - 73)
16. Levi Philips (unused)
17. Faustin Makela (unused)

Yellow cards: Smith
Referee: Mr L. Hible


Mossley stretched their current unbeaten run to 4 games and climbed to the edge of the play off places at Seel Park on New Years Day with a hard earned 'derby' victory over old rivals Droylsden.

The starting line up showed one change from the Boxing Day game with Dieter Downey replacing Kyle McGonigle along with a couple of defensive positional changes.

Droylsden buoyed by recent positive results created the better chances and generally dominated the opening half. Lilywhites keeper Josh Ollerenshaw was the first half hero making two superb saves to keep the scores level at the break. Firstly he denied Sefton Gonzales when the big striker was clean through on goal with Gonzales heading the rebound over the bar. Ollerenshaw also excelled in keeping out Luke Daly’s well struck shot.

Mossley’s best chances of the opening period saw Ben Richardson fire a free kick narrowly over the bar and Ben Halfacre denied by a last ditch challenge as he looked a likely scorer.

The second half saw Mossley begin to get on top and the Lilywhites created several chances, Mike Fish was unlucky to see two great headers just miss the post. Andy Keogh was twice denied and Adam Jones’s effort was cleared off the line before the Lilywhites took the lead on 59 minutes. Ben Richardson’s right wing corner saw Ben Halfacre’s effort deflect off Andy Hollins and into the net for what proved to be the game’s only goal.

Mossley lost skipper Keogh and Adam Jones through injury within minutes of the goal meaning a reshuffle with Steve Mason and Elliot Harrison entering the fray.

Mason was unlucky not to double Mossley’s lead when his powerful header from Richardson’s free kick came back off a post and soon after Max Leonard created a chance for himself but dragged his shot wide.

There saw a late scare for Mossley as Droylsden created one last chance but Ollerenshaw was again equal to it as Mossley recorded their second League ’double’ of the campaign.


Martyn Nolan's pics > >