Tuesday 13th November 2018 @ Seel Park, Mossley
FC United of Manchester
(0) 0
(1) 2
White (15), Willoughby (80)
Mossleyweb Man of the Match: Andy Keogh
1. João Mendes
2. Logan Jeffs
3. Dieter Downey
4. Kieran Nolan
5. Adam Jones
6. Steve Mason
7. Godwin Abadaki
8. Andy Keogh (c)
Ben Halfacre
10. Keenan Quansah
11. Max Leonard
12. Danny McLaughlin (for 10 - 85)
14. Aaron Dwyer (for 11 - 37)
15. Mike Fish (for 9 - 85)
16. Elliot Harrison (unused)
17. Izzy Miranda (unused )

Yellow cards: none
FC United of Manchester
1. Lloyd Allinson
2. Joel Senior
3. Lewis Thompson
4. Jan Palinkas
5. Chris Lynch
6. Jamie Milligan (c)
7. Jack Banister
8. Josh Wallen
9. Kurt Willoughby
10. Michael Donohue
11. Ryan White
12. Michael Potts (unused)
14. Dave Chadwick (for 6 - 71)
15. Jamal Crawford (for 11 - 71)
16. Tom Peers (unused)
Elliot Simoes (for 10 - 77)
Yellow cards: none
Referee: Mr N. Storey

Mossley put in one of their strongest performances of the season in Tuesday night’s Manchester FA Premier Cup Quarter Final against National League North big guns FC United of Manchester and were extremely unfortunate to go down to a 2-0 defeat.

Adam Jones and Steve Mason were given respite from their League suspensions and made a strong centre back pairing while the Lilywhites gave an enforced debut to Portuguese keeper João Mendez due to the absence of the injured Diba Musangu and the cup-tied Ben Purdham.

The visitors opened on the front foot with pacey wingers Banister and White a threat but it was Mossley who had the first chance as Halfacre got in behind a static FC United defence but was denied by Allinson’s save.

It was FC United who opened the scoring on 15 minutes. Willoughby’s shot was saved by Mendes but the ball broke kindly for Ryan White who was able to stroke home the rebound.

Mossley came more into the game after this as Mossley match their illustrious hosts in every department and in skipper Andy Keogh had the game’s most impressive performer on the night.

Mossley had a fantastic chance to equalize two minutes before the break when Godwin Abadaki was brought down in the box. With regular penalty taker Max Leonard having limped off a few minutes earlier, spot kick duties fell to Ben Halfacre who unfortunately saw his effort well saved by Lloyd Allinson.

The second half saw Mossley take control of the game but clear chances refused to appear as FC United staged a strong rearguard action.
Despite lot’s of Mossley pressure the inevitable happened and FC United doubled their lead with a break away goal . A fiercely hammered shot from 30 yards by ex Clitheroe hit man Kurt Willoughby to wrap up the victory for the visitors with ten minutes remaining.


Martyn Nolan's pics > >