Division One West
Wednesday 26th December 2018 @ Surrey Street, Glossop
Glossop North End
(2) 3
(2) 3
Tuohy (13, 90+5 pen), Quansah (34)
Fish (4), Leonard (38), Halfacre (50)
Mossleyweb Man of the Match: Declan Evans
Glossop North End
1. Russ Saunders (c)
2. Frank Jones
3. Zacj Cooper
4. Keenan Quansah
5. Paul Marsahll
6. Adam Latham
7. Kane Hickman
8. Moussa Samassa
9. Dominic Marie
10. Pete Boyle
11. Jack Tuohy
12. Owen Whitehead (unused)
14. James Georgeaklis (for 5 - 77)
15. Alex Elliott (for 3 - 87)
16. James Handley (for 9 - 77)

Yellow cards: Hickman, Marshall
1. Josh Ollerenshaw
2. Kieran Nolan
3. Ben Richardson
4. Kyle McGonigle
5. Adam Jones
6. Declan Evans
7. Max Leonard
8. Andy Keogh (c)
9. Mike Fish
10. Ben Halfacre
11. Godwin Abadaki
12. Elliot Harrison (unused)
14. Steve Mason (for 4 - 46)
15. Szymon Czubik (for 7 - 78)
16. Dieter Downey (for 7 - 78)
17. Danny McLaughlin (unused)

Yellow cards: Abadaki, Evans, Richardson
Referee: Mr M. Tyers

Not for the first time this season Mossley were denied a positive result by a poor stoppage time refereeing decision. This time it was the Boxing Day ‘derby’ at Glossop North End that saw a 3-2 lead turn into a 3-3 draw in the 5th minute of stoppage time as match official Mr Tyers awarded the home side a last kick of the match opportunity from the penalty spot for an alleged foul by the impeccable Declan Evans who had superbly won a tackle to turn the ball away for a corner.

Mossley showed an unchanged starting line up from Saturday’s win over Chasetown and got off to a great start when Mike Fish dashed through a gap to slot the ball past Russ Saunders in only the 4th minute.

The lead soon started to look precarious as the Hillmen began to get on top and they duly equalised in the 13th minute when former Lilywhite Jack Tuohy nipped in to score from close range.

Glossop were asking most of the questions and on 34 minutes they took the lead with a looping header from another ex Mossley man Keenan Quansah.

Mossley responded well to the deficit and equalised on 39 minutes. Mike Fish’s angled through ball saw Max Leonard hammer a brilliant controlled volley past Saunders.

Mossley regained the lead four minutes after the restart as Ben Halfacre’s effort was helped on it’s way into the net by Glossop defender Frank Jones and the Lilywhites held the upper hand for much of the second half creating a number of chances to ‘put the game to bed’. Mike Fish being denied by Saunders when through on goal. Halfacre’s effort was saved by Saunders and Adam Jones had the ball in the net from the rebound but was given off-side were the best of several chances created.

However, just when it looked like the points were going back to Seel Park the referee’s aberration saw Jack Tuohy score from the spot to break Mossley hearts.


Martyn Nolan's pics > >