Division One West
Saturday 24th November 2018 @ Seel Park, Mossley
Leek Town
(0) 0
(1) 2
Grice (20), Johnson (52)
Mossleyweb Man of the Match: Declan Evans
1. Ben Purdham
2. Ben Richardson
3. Dieter Downey
4. Elliot Harrison
5. Kieran Nolan
6. Declan Evans
7. Godwin Abadaki
8. Andy Keogh (c)
9. Ben Halfacre
10. Szymon Czubik
11. Aaron Dwyer
12. Mason Duffy (for 4 - 60)
14. Logan Jeffs (unused)
15. Mike Fish (for 9 - 63)
16. Max Leonard (for 10 - 63)
Kyle McGonigle (unused)
Yellow cards: Richardson, Nolan
Leek Town
1. Daniel Roberts
2. Niall Green
3. Lewis Short
4. Charlie Walford
5. William Sass-Davies
6. Jack Sanders
7. Niall Maguire
8. William Reeves
9. Tim Grice
10. Jordan Johnson
11. Robert Stephenson
12. Sam Hall (for 10 - 78)
14. Dan Trickett-Smith (unused)
15. Aaron Bott (for 9 - 85)
16. Jessy Bavanganga (for 3 - 39)
Ben Chapman (unused)
Yellow card:
Referee: Mr A. Bennett

A poor second half performance saw Mossley go down to a disappointing 2-0 Seel Park defeat to Leek Town on Saturday.

In deference a dominant first half display had seen Mossley unfortunate to go in a goal behind but were very much off key after that as a very competent and well organized Leek side cruised to the victory.

An end to end opening saw both sides with presentable chances but Mossley looked the more dangerous thereafter. Ben Halfacre twice going close from Ben Richardson crosses.

Against the run of play Leek took a 20th minute lead. A mis-placed pass allowed Maguire to find Tim Grice in space and the Leek number 9 calmly picked his spot before popping the ball past Mossley keeper Purdham.

Rattled but unbowed Mossley hit back quickly as Stockport County loanee Szymon Czubik came close with a header. Godwin Abadaki, almost capitalised on a keeper fumble and good work by Halfacre, and
Abadaki then came to naught as Mossley kept up the pressure without the reward their efforts deserved.

Andy Keogh and Aaron Dwyer were both constantly probing and a great ball from Keogh saw Halfacre’s effort turned against the bar and away to safety. Czubik again went close and Aaron Dwyer’s fierce free kick flew a whisker wide.

Mossley had the first chance of the second half as Keogh went close from Dwyer’s corner but it was the visitors who again struck with only their second chance of the game on 50 minutes when Jordan Johnson was able to open a gap to shoot past Purdham.

What happened to the Lilywhites after the second goal is best described as a poor response. Electing to play a more direct approach allowing Leek’s tall and powerful central defenders to dominate proceedings and Leek had the better chances thereafter as Purdham twice had to make smart saves.

Mossley huffed and puffed through to the end but it was an uncomfortable finale as Leek easily held out for the impressively managed tactical victory.