Division One West
Tuesday 16th October 2018 @ Volaire Park, Prescot
Prescot Cables
(2) 2
(0) 1
Klein-Davies (10), Southworth (22)
Keogh (75)
Mossleyweb Man of the Match: Andy Keogh

Prescot Cables
1. Ben Barnes
2. Valter Fernandes
3. James Edgar
4. Louis Coyne
5. Joe Herbert
6. Aaron Turner (c)
7. Jordan Southworth
8. Reece Fishwick
9. Josh Klein-Davies
10. Michael Monoghan
11. Chris Almond
12. Harry Cain (for 6 - 71)
14. James Cooper (unused)
15. Matthew Hamilton (for 9 - 76)
16. Jack Lenehan (for 11 - 71)
17. James McCulloch (unused)
Yellow cards:
Southworth, Monoghan, Barnes

1. Harry Turner
2. Logan Jeffs
3. Izzy Miranda
4. Keenan Quansah
5. Adam Jones
6. Declan Evans
7. Aaron Dwyer
8. Andy Keogh (c)
9. Ben Halfacre
10. Max Leonard
11. Mason Duffy
12. Ben Richardson (for 11 - 53)
14. Steve Mason (unused)
15. Mike Fish (for 9 - 53)
16. Dieter Downey (unused)
17. Elliot Harrison (for 4 - 53)

Yellow card: Jones, Richardson
Red card: Mason

Referee: Mr D. Locker


Despite a late rally Mossley were unable to overcome a two goal deficit at play off rivals Prescot Cables at Volaire Park on Tuesday evening.

The Lilywhites went into the game without unavailable keeper Jonny Diba Musangu meaning a recall for rookie Harry Turner. Other changes from Saturday saw Andy Keogh and Max Leonard start in place of Mike Fish and Elliot Harrison.

Mossley should have been awarded a penalty as early as the 3rd minute when Aaron Dwyer nicked the ball off Cables keeper Ben Barnes only to be hauled down. It was clear, it was obvious, but not to the referee who waved Mossley’s appeals away and then dismissed Steve Mason for an overheard protestation from the bench leaving Mossley with one less available substitute.

The home side then got into their stride and a powerful and mobile side they proved to be, taking the lead in the 10th minute when Josh Klein-Davies rifled home a 20 yard drive.

Mossley rallied and Max Leonard missed a great chance to level from Mason Duffy’s cross.

Prescot went further ahead on 22 minutes when Jordan Southworth scored from close range after Mossley failed to deal with a harshly awarded set piece.

Prescot were now up and flying and Turner did well to save as Klein-Davies burst through a gap and only some strong defending kept the home side at bay as Mossley struggled to retain possession.

The second half was a much more even affair. The Mossley management made a triple change on 53 minutes with Richardson, Fish and Harrison replacing Duffy, Halfacre and Quansah and the changes gave Mossley a definite lift as they began to find a foothold in the game.

The arrears were finally reduced on 75 minutes when Andy Keogh scored for the second successive game as he cleverly slotted home from a tight angle.

Throwing bodies forward Mossley now had the home side on the back foot and Cables were forced into some desperate defending as waves of Mossley attacks followed. Dwyer had the ball in the net but a flag was raised for a narrow off-side. Ben Richardson was denied by a Barnes save at his feet and the same player headed over the bar from a great position in the final minute as Cables hung on for the victory.