Division One West
Saturday 23rd February 2019 @ Linnets Millbank Stadium, Runcorn
Runcorn Linnets
(0) 2
(1) 2
Shanley (54), Sherlock (62)
Leonard (34, 70 pen)
Mossleyweb Man of the Match: Mike Fish
Runcorn Linnets
1. Jordan Perrin
2. Louis Corrigan
2. Aaron Morris (c)
4. Peter Wylie
5. Daniel O'Brien
6. Ronnie McCarthy
7. Kristian Holt
8. Zachery Aley
9. Paul Shanley
10. Liam O'Neill
11. Kurt Sherlock
12. Mitch Bryant (for 11 - 85)
14. Ryan Gibson (for 10 - 66)
15. Robert Evans (unused)
16. Frank Jones (for 5 - 46)
17. Joshua Dobie
Yellow cards: Holt, Corrigan, McCarthy, Sherlock, Wylie, Bryant
Red card: Corrigan (69)
1. Josh Ollerenshaw
2. Ben Richardson
3. Dieter Downey
4. Kieran Nolan
5. Adam Jones
6. Declan Evans
7. Max Leonard
8. Andy Keogh (c)
9. Mike Fish
10. Ben Halfacre
11. Godwin Abadaki
12. Dylan Fitzgerald (unused)
14. Gary Gee (gor 4 - 77)
15. Rual Correia (for 10 - 65)
16. Steve Mason For 5 - 41)

Yellow cards: Mason, Richardson
Referee: Mr J. Maskrey


Mossley visited second placed Runcorn Linnets on Saturday and earned a creditable 2-2 draw but saw themselves slip just outside the play off slots as other results on the day went against the in form Lilywhites.

The starting line up reverted to the one that had an extended run up to the Skelmersdale game, so recent additions Raul Correia and Gary Gee dropped to bench where they were joined by Steve Mason and development graduate Dylan Fitzgerald.

Mossley definitely had the edge in the first half and were the side asking all the questions while Runcorn attempted to play the long diagonals game which brought them very little joy.

The Lilywhites took the lead with a ‘goal of the season’ contender on 34 minutes. Richardson’s pass found Mike Fish on his 300th appearance for the club. Fish’s delicate pass released Max Leonard who brilliantly skipped around a couple of defenders before slotting past on loan Wigan Athletic keeper Jordan Perrin.

Mossley were then unlucky to lose Adam Jones through injury just before the break with Steve Mason deputising.

It was a game of few chances in truth but both sides were desperate for a result and the second half saw the home side turn the tables with goals in the 54th and 62nd minutes.

Runcorn caught Mossley napping at the back and Paul Shanley was able to slot home a neat finish.

Mossley responded and Ben Halfacre saw his powerful free kick held at the second attempt by Perrin but moments later the home side were awarded a free kick outside the Mossley box and Kurt Sherlock’s set piece took a wicked deflection off the Mossley wall before landing in the net to edge the homesters in front.

With twenty minutes remaining Mossley were awarded a penalty when Louis Corrigan handled Mike Fish’s goal bound header off the line and was shown a straight red card before Max Leonard’s spot kick  squirmed past Perrin for  a deserved equaliser

The game swung end to end thereafter but neither side could find the breakthrough.


Martyn Nolan's pics > >