Tuesday 16th July 2019 @ Cheadle Heath Sports Club, Stockport
Cheadle Heath Nomads
(1) 4
(2) 6
unknown (16, 70, 72, 83)
Gee (7), Keogh (29. 62), Woods (57, 64), Richardson (85)
Mossleyweb Man of the Match

Dylan Forth
2. Steve Mason
3. Ben Richardson
4. Gary Gee
5. Adam Jones
6. Declan Evans
7. Astley Muholland
8. Ryan Leonard
9. Ben Halfacre
10. Andy Keogh
11. Ryan Brooke
12. Dylan Fitzgerald
13. Joel Fletcher
14. Cheik Thiam
15. Kyle McGonigle
16. Max Leonard
17. Will Ozono
18. Ben Woods





Fans who visited Cheadle Heath on Tuesday night were rewarded with a ten goal feast with Mossley winning 6-4.

A very hard working Cheadle Heath side, looking to push on after their first season in the North West Counties League, gave a good account of themselves. Working hard to deny Mossley space and playing some threatening counter attack football it all made for a thoroughly entertaining 90 minutes.

Mossley took the lead on 7 minutes. The home keeper raced off his line to deny Ben Halfacre but the ball broke to Gary Gee who lofted the ball into an unguarded net.

Cheadle Heath were level within four minutes as a floated free kick from Mossley's left evaded everyone including Mossley keeper Dylan Forth.

It took until the 29th minute for Mosley to re-take the lead. Ben Richardson's cross from the left saw Halfacre set up Andy Keogh for a driven finish from ten yards.

It was on 57 minutes that Mossley made it 3-1 with a fine solo goal by ex 1874 Northwich wide man Ben Woods, who's mazy run saw him round the keeper before scoring from the tightest of angles.

Five minutes later Andy Keogh bagged his second of the night with another clinical finish and Ben Woods was on target again two minutes later. This time he stooped to head home from close range after the keeper had parried Richardson's initial effort to stretch the lead to 5-1.

To say Mossley took their foot off the gas at 5-1 would be an understatement. Cheadle Heath pulled a goal back 70 minutes with the Mossley defence in some disarray and two minutes later pulled back another when their big substitute striker unleashed an unstoppable 25 yard free kick beyond the dive of sub keeper Joel Fletcher.

Buoyed by their recovery, Cheadle Heath pressed again and made it four with seven minutes left on the clock. They then missed a great chance to equalise when the big forward dragged his shot wide but Mossley responded almost immediately and Ben Richardson completed the scoring with five minutes remaining with a neat finish after good work by Dylan Fitzgerald.