Tuesday 8th October 2019 @ Seel Park, Mossley
(0) 0
Droylsden won 3-2 on penalty kicks
(0) 0
pens: Caddick, Webb-Foster, Banga
pens: Lenighan, Halfacre
Mossleyweb Man of the Match: Andy Keogh

1. Chris Thomspon
2. Andreas Banga
3. Steve Rigby
4. Adam Rooney
5. Paul Clarke
6. Andy Langford (c)
7. Kane Hickman
8. Danny Wilkins
9. Reece Webb-Foster
10. George West
11. Rhys Clooney
12. Jamie Frost (for 11 - 68)
14. Danny Hewitt
15. Brandon Lockett (for 6 - 60)
16. Liam Caddick (for Langford 60)
17. Aaron Burns (unused)
Yellow cards: Clarke, Frost.

1. Theo Roberts
2. Gary Gee
3. Ben Richardson
4. Simon Lenighan
5. Steve Mason
6. Declan Evans
7. Ryan Brooke
8. Andy Keogh (c)
9. Jes Uchegbulam
10. Ben Halfacre
11. Brad Lynch
12. Chiekh Thiam (for 11 - 87)
14. Dieter Downey (unused)
15. Dylan Fitzgerald (for 7 - 15)
16. Kieran Nolan (unused)
17. Joel Fletcher (unused)
Yellow card: Gee

Referee: Mark Reeves


Mossley blew their chance to reach the semi finals of this season’s Manchester FA Premier Cup with an erratic performance in the penalty shoot out following an entertaining goalless draw at Droylsden on Tuesday night.

With an unchanged starting eleven from Saturday’s win over Pickering, Mossley played some great attacking football but were, as in recent games, let down in the final third as the last pass or cross failed to find it’s target, thus keeping Droylsden, who rarely threatened, in the game.
Clear chances were a rarity as defences generally dominated.

Droylsden had an early opportunity after a loose Mossley pass but Theo Roberts was equal to it and the danger soon passed.

As Mossley began to impose themselves on the game Jes Uchegbulam’s deep cross was an inch too high for Brad Lynch to get a clean header at the far post. Uchegbulam, Ryan Brooke and Gary Gee all had shots blocked in quick succession. Then Ben Richardson’s looping cross came back off the bar with Ben Halfacre unable to control his shot from the rebound.

Droylsden had a couple of chances at the end of the half, the first saved by Roberts and the second skidded off the Mossley bar.

The second half continued in similar vein. Uchegbulam’s run and cross saw home keeper Thompson deny Halfacre as both sides enjoyed lengthy spells of possession with little in the way of goalmouth action.

Theo Roberts excelled with around 15 minutes remaining with three saves in quick succession and another fine save late in the game to take the game to a penalty shoot out.

The first spot kicks were scored by Liam Caddick for Droylsden and Simon Lenighan for Mossley. Steve Rigby saw his shot saves before Ben Halfacre was successful to give Mossley a 2-1 advantage. Danny Wilkins then fired over the bar to give Mossley a great chance to go 3-1 up but Jes Uchegbulam fired his shot over the bar. Reece Webb-Foster then made it 2-2, Ben Richardson saw his effort saved by Thompson. Andreas Banga scored for Droylsden but Gary Gee fired his penalty over the bar and Droylsden were through to the semi finals with a 3-2 shoot out win.


Martyn Nolan''s pics to follow > >