Saturday 17th October 2020 @ The Marine Travel Arena, Crosby
(0) 5
(0) 0
Touray (63, 73, 76), Cummins (87), Kengni (90)
Mossleyweb Man of the Match: Jordan Hadlow

1. Jordan Hadlow
2. Steve Mason
3. James O'Hara
4. Kane Hickman
5. Jack Grundy
6. Declan Evans
7. Keaton Mulvey
8. Andy Keogh
9. Danny McLaughlin
10. Ryan Shenton
11. Matty Waller
12. Jordan Butterworth (for 11-78)
14. Dylan Stringer-Moth (unused)
15. Ethan Kershaw (unused)
16. Anthony Brown (for 9-69)
17. Sam Kilner (unused)
18. Dylan Fitzgerald (for 10-78)
Yellow cards:

McLaughlin, Grundy,
Hickman, O'Hara

1. Bayleigh Passant
2. Joshua Solomon-Davies
3. James Joyce
4. Alex Doyle
5. Anthony Miley
6. David Raven
7. Michael Howard
8. Josh Hmami
9. Niall Cummins
10. Mo Touray
11. James Barrigan
12. Danny Shaw (unused)
14. Kenny Strickland (for 8-83)
15. James Devine (for 7-80)
16. Neil Kengni (for 10-77)
17. Germano Mendes (unused)
Yellow card: Raven, Hmami

Referee: Mr D. Croft





Salford City's on loan Wales under 21 international Mo Touray took the honours for Marine with a clinical second half hat-trick to end Mossley's Buildbase FA Trophy hopes for another year.

Preparations for the tie were far from ideal as manager David Fish and goalkeeper Liam Lovell were ruled out from the trip due to self isolating issues.

Keeper Jordan Hadlow and left back James O'Hara both came in for their competitive debuts while new signing Antony Brown started on the bench.

Despite everything Mossley gave a good account of themselves in the first half and were the more threatening team as Shenton, Waller and Mulvey were all denied by keeper or defensive blocks.

Mossley had penalty claims waved away for both handball and a foul while at the other end Hadlow was proving a safe pair of hands with a couple of decent saves.

On the stroke of half time danny McLaughlin forced Passant into a good save as Mossley ended the half ion the ascendancy but without a goal.

Marine were on the front foot from the off at the start of the second period and were awarded a penalty for a clumsy challenge by Grundy on Touray. However Hadlow dived to his right to make a superb save from Howard's well struck spot kick.

Mossley responded, Mulvey's effort was deflected for a corner and Grundy fired straight at Passant from close range from the resulting flag kick. However that miss was to prove costly as the keeper's clearance found Mo Touray on the left wing, who took on and outpaced Hickman before firing beyond Hadlow's reach to give the home side the lead on 63 minutes.

Mossley brought on new signing Brown for McLaughlin and he was soon in action winning Mossley a free kick but Mulvey's effort found only the keeper's hands.

Marine were now in the ascendancy however, and Mossley had Hadlow to thank for a string of fine saves. However the debutant keeper had no chance when Touray again burst clear onto a long through ball before slotting home to double the home side's lead.

Three minutes later the game was out of Mossley's reach as the powerful and elusive Touray raced from halfway, turned Mason this way and that before brilliantly slotting home his hat-trick goal.

With the result now beyond doubt Mossley didn't capitulate and Keogh's effort clipped the bar from O'Hara's cross but the Lilywhites attempts to reduce the arrears were in vain as Marine added two late goals to give the score-line a flattering look.

A great run on the deadball line by Solomon-Davies saw Niall Cummins back-heel home from close range and then in the closing moments substitute Neil Kengni scored from the edge of the box past the unsighted Hadlow to send Marine emphatically through to the next round.

Martyn Nolan pics to follow > >