Saturday 15th August 2020 @ Keighley Road Stadium, Silsden
(0) 2
(0) 5
Brown (58), Hudson (78)
Shenton (48), Butterworth (76), Pratt (80, 89), Czubik (90)
Mossleyweb Man of the Match

1. Jordan Hadlow
2. Paul Riley
3. Charley Leech
4. Kane Hickman
5. Jack Grundy
6. Declan Evans
7. Zaphat Mata
8. Andy Keogh (c)
9. Danny McLaughlin
10. Ryan Shenton
11. Matty Waller
12. Sam Kilner
14. Jes Uchegbalum
15. Dylan Fitzgerald
16. Harry Pratt
17. Jordan Butterworth
18. Ethan Kershaw
19. Szymon Czubik

1. Ben Higginson
2. Carlton Pownall
3. Mark Everingham
4. Arley Barnes (c)
5. Shaun Airey
6. Myles Foley
7. Josh McKiernan
8. Lewis Morgan
9. Antony Brown
10. Chris Wademan
11. Matthias Britton
Josh Kaine
Alfie Dark
Khurram Shazad
Kyle Hancock
Liam Hudson
Joe Mitchell
Dyllan Drovie



Mossley scored three late goals to record a resounding win over North East Counties League side Silsden on Saturday.

The first half was a cagey affair with both teams cancelling each other out. Matty Waller had Mossley’s best chance when he cut in from the left before clipping the cross bar from the edge of the box. At the other end Silsden’s main threat came from ex Halifax striker Antony Brown.

If the first half was uneventful the second was anything but. Mossley manager David Fish switched things around, introducing Czubik and Uchegbulam in wide positions and the visitors were a different proposition.

Three minutes into the second half Uchegbulam was played in down the right by the impressive Butterworth, who in turn found Ryan Shenton who turned his man with ease before finishing coolly past Silsden keeper Ben Higginson.

On 58 minutes with Mossley now on top Declan Evans was uncharacteristically caught in possession on the half way line by the impressive Antony Brown who raced cleared to fire under the diving Mossley keeper Jordan Hadlow.

Mossley continued to dominate but it wasn’t until the 76th minute that they deservedly took the lead. Czubik was involved in the build up down the left before laying the ball off to Jordan Butterworth. The young midfielder looked up and bent a lovely 25 yard effort into the far corner of the net giving Higginson no chance.

Just two minute later Silsden were back on level terms again when Liam Hudson hammered home from outside the box.

With ten minutes remaining and with the hosts visibly tiring Mossley regained the lead. Uchegbulam raced past down the right before cutting inside and squaring for the on-rushing Harry Pratt to side foot home from close range to put Mossley back in front.

Harry Pratt was on the scoresheet again minutes later when the burly striker curled a lovely left foot effort into the top corner.

On the stroke of full time it was Szymon Czubik’s turn to get in on the act when his mazy run ended with him firing across the home keeper to complete the scoring.

All in all this was another promising display from the Lillywhites against a useful Silsden outfit. David Fish’s men are next in action next Saturday when they visit Bradford based Campion FC.