Tuesday 23rd November 2021 @ Seel Park Att: 220
Ashton United
(0) 0
(0) 1
Abadaki (81)
Mossleyweb Man of the Match: Devon Matthews


Match Programme pdf

1. Jordan Hadlow
2. Jack Grundy
2. Sam Kilner
4. Kane Hickman
5. Paul Riley
6. Devon Matthews
7. Levi Phillips
8. Andy Keogh (c)
9. Harry Pratt
10. Mason Fawns
11. Jack Banister
12. Jordan Butterworth (for 4 - 82)
14. Kain Dean (unused)
15. Bailey Marsden (unused)
16. Connor Morris (for 3 - 76)

Yellow cards: none

Ashton United
1. Greg Hartley
2. Will Hall
3. Harry Spratt
4. Liam Tomsett
5. Michael Raynes
6. Sam Baird
7. Ben Hardcastle
8. Michael Brewster
9. Tom Bentham
10. Harvey Macadam
11. Osebi Abadaki
12. Florian Yonsian (for 9 - 36)
14. Andreas Bianga (for ?)
15. Fabadou Jenkins (unused)
16. Tom Warren (unused)
17. Stavros Tserpes (for ?)
Yellow card: Brewster

Referee: Matthew Young





Mossley gave a vastly improved performance in Tuesday's Manchester Premier Cup clash with Premier Division neighbours Ashton United but went out of the competition to a late goal scored by former Lilywhite Osebi Abadaki.

It was a fifth successive defeat for the luckless Lilywhites who gave a massive second half performance but were unable to find the all important goal. That honour went to the visitors who scored with their only on target effort of the half.

Ashton looked the stronger more physical side in the opening period and attempted to bully Mossley off their stride with a sometimes frantic high press but the Lilywhites back line which included Paul Riley replacing the injured Declan Evans was barely troubled.

Hickman and Banister had Mossley's best efforts of the early stages before Mason Fawns' well struck free kick clipped the top of the bar.

Ashton's best chances of the half saw Hadlow make a stunning point blank save from Bentham before Hardcastle fired narrowly over the bar.

Mossley played the entire second period on the front foot, pinning Ashton back for lengthy spells. Phillips, Pratt, Fawns and Banister caused the Robins defence plenty of problems.

Fawns fired inches wide and Pratt had a shot saved before the Mossley number 9 raced clear as Ashton keeper Hartley came out to meet him and appeared to punch the ball away from outside his penalty area but appeals were waved away and within a couple of minutes Ashton were ahead totally against the run of play.

Connor Morris replaced Kilner as Mossley went in search of a winner but it was Ashton who found a way through.

Yonsian rescued a long diagonal pass and pulled the ball back for Osebi Abadaki who smashed home at the near post giving Hadlow no chance. It was a stunning blow that had seemed unlikely at that stage of the game.

Butterworth immediately replaced Hickman as Mossley hurriedly went in search of an equaliser.

Hartley saved well from Banister's shot and the same player fired a whisker wide moments later. Hartley raced out to clear from Morris but the Lilywhites could find no way through and Ashton held on to go through to the semi finals.

Martyn Nolan pics > >