Saturday 12th March 2022 @ ST&B Accountants Stadium, Kendal Att: 132
Kendal Town
(1) 1
(2) 2
Wraighte (30)
Fawns (10), Banister (31)
Mossleyweb Man of the Match: Andreas Bianga

Brad Kelly
2. Joe Rothwell
3. Ollie Broe
4. Jordan Butterworth
5. Will Hartshorne
6. Devon Matthews
7. Andreas Bianga
8. Kane Hickman (c)
9. Harry Pratt
10. Mason Fawns
11. Jack Bannister
12. Andy Keogh (for 4 - 12)
13. Jordan Hadlow (unused)
14. Jack Grundy (for 5 - 46)
15. Sam Kilner (unused)
16. Levi Phillips (for 10 - 82)
Yellow cards: none

Kendal Town
1. James McClenaghan
2. Cameron Gourley
3. Gary Basterfield
4. Will Higham
5. Harli Dewhurst
6. Tommy Grindrod
7. Kris Smith
8. Thomas Fagan
9. Eric Yahaya
10. Ezphia Rennock
11. Chris Wraighte
12. Keallen Huddlestone (for 7-80)
14. Joel Brogan (unused)
15. Plamedi Kinkela (for 8 - 77)
16. Donte Thompson Prempeh
(for 10 - 47)
17. Darren Nightingale (unused)
Yellow card: Grindrod

Referee: Mark Ryder





An already injury hampered Lilywhites squad was further decimated in Saturday's win at basement strugglers Kendal Town as three players left the field injured while a fourth went down in the closing moments.

Jordan Butterworth (12 minutes), Will Hartshorne (45 minutes) and Mason Fawns (82 minutes) were all substitutions of necessity not choice.

It was otherwise a typically hard working spirited performance by the Lilywhites against a Kendal Town side who, despite losing regularly, have become increasingly difficult to beat, though relegation now appears all but certain.

Banister and Fawns carried the early threat to the home defence but it was Kendal who had the first shot in anger as Brad Kelly was called on to make a smart save from Rennock’s snapshot.

Mossley were looking increasingly threatening in the spell prior to taking a 10th minute lead, Harry Pratt cleverly made his way to the dead ball line before pulling a great pass back into the path of the inrushing Mason Fawns who delightedly stroked the ball past home keeper McGlenaghan from ten yards out for his first goal since October.

Matthews headed over from a Fawns corner and soon after Harry Pratt robbed the dallying keeper but couldn’t find Banister from a tight angle.

Andy Keogh returned to the side after missing the last two games as he replaced the limping Butterworth.

Mossley appeared in control but Kendal equalised somewhat out of the blue on 30 minutes as Chris Wraighte fired a dipping shot beyond Kelly.

Kendal’s joy was short lived. Almost straight from the restart Andreas Bianga burst forward on the right channel and his inside pass was turned home from close range by Jack Banister.

Fawns was twice narrowly off target while Kelly was forced into another diving save as Kendal broke forward just before the break.

The half ended with Will Hartshorne, having just returned from injury, limping from the field. Jack Grundy was the unlucky central defender’s replacement for the second half.

First goalmouth action of the second half saw Pratt hit a free kick narrowly wide after Joe Rothwell had been fouled.

Kelly was then twice called into action but on each occasion made the right decision and Kendal attacks were thwarted.

Banister, Fawns and Pratt threatened but chances came to nought while Kendal lofted long balls forward in the hope of connecting with something but were unable to do so.

Mason fawns was brought down in the box but the off-side flag was already raised and Fawns was injured in the incident. Levi Phillips was his replacement.

There were five minutes remaining when Kendal had a big penalty call but the referee ruled in Mossley’s favour despite being surrounded and berated by the maybe understandably frustrated Cumbrians.

Harry Pratt lasted until the 95th minute before finally succumbing seconds before the final whistle but of the four injuries Fawns’ appeared particularly nasty as he required assistance to return to depart from the pitch as Mossley’s injury woes mount.

(pic courtesy of UKvegan's football site)