Tuesday 8th February 2022 @ Seel Park Att: 284
Prescot Cables
(0) 4
(1) 1
Keogh (57, 62), Evans (90 pen), Morris (90+1)
O'Halleron (21)
Mossleyweb Man of the Match: Andy Keogh

Matchday Programme pdf

1. Brad Kelly
2. Jack Grundy
3. Freddie Sass
4. Jordan Butterworth
5. Declan Evans
6. Devon Matthews
7. Kane Hickman
8. Andy Keogh (c)
9. Connor Morris
10. Mason Fawns
11. Andreas Bianga
12. Ben Richardson (for 9 - 70)
13. Dale Latham (unused)
14. Bailey Marsden (for 7 - 77)
15. Sam Kilner (unused)

Yellow cards: Marsden, Fawns

Prescot Cables
1. Mitchell Allen
2. Harry Cannon-Noren
3. Reece McNally
4. Joshua Gregory
5. Ian Kearney
6. Anthony Williams
7. George Nugent
8. Ethan Devine
9. Lewis Buckley
10. Sam O'Halleron
11. Jack Goodwin
12. Taylor Brickell (for 7 - 37)
13. Tyler Caddock (for 11 - 90)
14. Harry Farley (unused)
15. Charlie Glennon (for 10 -56)
16. Rodrigo Schmitdinger (unused)
Yellow cards: none
Red card: Allen (90)

Referee: Andrew Daniels





Mossley gave a strong performance to beat in form Prescot Cables at Seel Park on Tuesday evening with an Andy Keogh double leading the way as the injury hit Lilywhites hit four second half goals without reply.

With Harry Pratt and new recruit Leon Arnasalam added to an already lengthy injury list, Mossley were down to the bare bones for this fixture which also saw a debut for young goalkeeper Brad Kelly signed on loan from Rochdale.

Despite their injury problems the Lilywhites were on the front from the off. An early free kick saw Mason Fawns effort clip the defensive wall and Jack Grundy headed just wide at the far post.

Kane Hickman and Andy Keogh then interchanged well to set up Fawns who's rasping drive flew inches wide before Fawns and then Keogh both went close again.

Against the run of play Prescot took the lead on 21 minutes. It started with left back Reece McNally (not for the first time) illegally stealing around ten yards up the touchline to take a throw-in and ended with Sam O'Halloran side-stepping Kelly and tapping home from close range.

Undeterred Mossley continued to press, but, as has been the case too often this season, despite some quality approach play the finish just wasn't there despite Mossley's midfield trio of Butterworth, Hickman and impressive home debutant Andreas Bianga dominating midfield.

After Kelly had made a good save to deny Buckley at the start of the second half Mossley settled back into attacking mode and had two penalty appeals waved away.

At this point it looked like maybe it again wouldn't be Mossley's day as lady luck seemed to be on Cables side but relief was at hand. On 57 minutes Grundy recycled a corner and Andy Keogh was in the right place to smash home from eight yards for a more than deserved equaliser.

Five minutes later the game was turned on it's head as a sweet move brought more reward with a high quality goal. Fawns and Keogh combined before Connor Morris's clever flick freed Andy Keogh to set himself before firing Mossley into the lead from ten yards.

Prescot enjoyed a period of pressure, winning a succession of corners putting the defence under pressure. However, headers were won, clearances were made and Prescot failed to capitalize on their spell on top which saw McNally give them their best chance, his header from a great position clearing the bar, while Mossley continued to threaten on the counter.

The win was secured in the 90th minute in a most peculiar fashion. Having gathered the ball Prescot keeper Mitchell Allen was approaching the edge of his box ready to boot clear with Mason Fawns at his shoulder. The keeper then bizarrely threw an intentionally swinging elbow that flattened Fawns. After consulting his assistant the referee pointed to the penalty spot and presented the hapless Allen with a straight red card.

Prescot had a goalkeeper on the bench but he wasn't kitted ready in time and centre forward Lewis Buckley donned the gloves for the spot kick which left him rooted as Declan Evans buried the ball in the bottom corner.

Tyler Caddock then became Prescot's third goalkeeper of the night as he took over from Buckley with only seconds of the game remaining. However it was still enough time for Mossley to add a fourth as Connor Morris hit a great first time shot from a tight angle that beat Caddock at his near post and the referee blew for time before Prescot had chance to kick off again as Mossley players and fans celebrated the goal and the victory.